TGIF!!!!  Wooohooo!!!  I am so ready for the weekend even if it is raining.  That means maybe I will get some sewing done.  Then again, maybe not.  My 11 year old grandson is spending the night tonight which means an evening of Wendy's, Walmart to buy a "Grandma present" meaning a present for Colby, watching ICarly, playing Sorry.  I'm sure I will be ready for bed long before he is!  This child weighed 3 lbs 6 oz when he was born and spent the first two years of his life living at my house with his Mom.  Circumstances dictated that I be his "Mom" for most of that time so we have a bond that goes beyond a Grandma I think!  His Mom is awesome with him, just took a little time to get to know him after he was born.  What a trying time that was.  I look back on all of that now and see where God had His hands in every single detail during that time.  In the thick of it, I had times I wasn't sure I could even hear His voice and then some small still voice would say "I am here with you until the end of your days, even when you can't "feel" me"!  That seems to be the recurring theme of my relationship with Him! 

Anyway, having said all of that, Colby and I always have a great time together.  Then, down to Washougal to my "home away from home" and Valentine's Day with the love of my life!  While I write this I realize how full my life really is.  No, I don't make lots of money, this isn't my dream job (but I'm so thankful to have it), I don't live in a big house (well during the week, anyway), blah, blah, blah, you get the picture.  But I have people in my life who love me, who respect me and make me want to strive to be a better person every single day!  What else could I possibly need!!

So, have a wonderful Valentine's Day.  Hug the ones you love and don't let go!

Terry

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment