Longest Day

I'm sure I have had longer days, but it seems the day you are in is always the longest! I have to report that the Parade of Homes was outstanding!! My bad for not taking my camera. Haven't gotten used to carrying it around with me yet!!! My favorite house is owned by a Russian woman named Marta! Marta owns Arthur Murray dance studios, of all things! She is beautiful, witty, gregarious and just downright fun! Her home is enchanting, like a castle sitting on a mountain in Budapest. She even has her "wine cellar" built into the "lost space" under her
stairs. Really difficult to explain, but ingenious! She had the most amazing murals painted in some of the most wonderful spaces!!! I could go on and on. What I want is to go back into that house and take a bazillion pictures. Maybe someday..............!!! But, when I got home to my little single wide home with the dark wood panelling I had an amazing feeling contentment. Home is where your "stuff" is no matter how eclectic or crazy your "stuff" is!
The "August Birthday Bash" at Mom's is tomorrow! Five birthdays in 6 days, amazing!!! Mom and I will put together the birthday cake tonight. All I can say is lawnmowers and a flower garden, the pictures will tell the story! Yikes, as my boyfriend likes to say! I can't wait to give my son his birthday present tomorrow! I will ty to post another picture of it tomorrow night! I get a lump in my throat when I look at it. If you scroll down almost all the way to the beginning of my blogging you will see the photo I had framed for him.
Ok, enough for today......have a wonderful weekend....!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment